Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Highs and Lows

Highs and lows...that basically describes my life in a nut shell. The past couple of months have been crazy for me. Some of the events that caused the craziness are best friends moving up North, a breakup, a new job, starting back up a friendship with a childhood friend and the passing of my grandfather. There are days when I'm happy and there are days when I'm sad. I truly wish I could find a happy median but I also know that takes time.
Lately, I have just been feeling blah. Its a feeling I just can't shake. A few weeks ago found this quote while flipping through a magazine. "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow" The quote made me start thinking.....Instead of worrying about what we don't have we need to be thankful for what we do have. I'm so thankful for my family, friends and my life. I'm trying not to let the little things stress me out anymore. If you put positive into the world that's what you get out of it.
I use to be stuck on this whole this guy broke my heart so fell bad for me or I didn't have a father so this is why I act like this. Instead of looking for pity I now look for the positive in everything. Its hard but it does help me. What most people need to learn is how to turn something negative into something positive.
We spend so much of our life thinking that if we have more money or more power things will be better. Biggie said it best more money more problems. Now I'm not saying that more money wouldn't help but most of the time when we say more money we speak about millions. Before I always wanted the newest clothes, sunglasses, shoes and cellphones. Now don't get me wrong I still do but if I can't afford it today then I will get it when I can. I'm not gonna make myself broke to have a new fit but no gas in my car to show it of...lol.
So now when life hands me a lemon I just need to make lemonade. There are always going to be good and bad days but the true test is if you make it through them. This morning we went to leave some flowers on my grandfathers grave. The whole ride it was cloudy once we got there the sun peeked through the clouds. Maybe that was my Grandfathers way of telling me that there will be brighter days.



**Today is Veteran's Day. I would like to say a special thank you to everyone that is or has served our country...especially you DOC! RIP to my favorite Vet...I love you Grandpa.
Walter P Fijalkowski
PFC US Army
World War II
Bronze star and Purple heart

1 comment:

MELEE1435 said...

ITS HARD LEAVIN YOUR BEST FRIENDS BEHIND TOO. BUT YOU KEEP THEM IN YOUR HEART BY REMEMBERING THE LITTLE THINGS WIT THEM THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH OR SMILE. AND AS FAR AS YOUR GRAMPS THAT WAS HIM LETTIN YOUKNW HES THERE. I LEARNED TO LOOK FOR THE TINNIEST THINGS AND THATS THEIR WAY OF LETTING YOU KNOW THEIR STILL WIT YOU. LOVE YA AND KEEP YA HEAD UP