Friday, October 24, 2008

To Grandpa with love

On October 19, 2008 at 8:45 p.m. my grandfather passed away. He is and was the best man I have ever known. Words can not express how much I miss him. Though we knew it was coming sooner or later it his us harder than we ever expected. Him and my grandma have been married for 61 years and they have true love. They have raised 5 children, helped raised 14 grandchildren, and also helped raised 4 great grandchildren. All his children and grandchildren feel as though they are the favorite. That just shows how wonderful he was. While in the war my grandfather was given a purple heart because he went back in the line of fire to save a fellow soldier.

For as long as I can remember he has always been there for me. At a very young age my grandfather nicknamed me Pollywog even in his last days he called me it. All throughout my school days he waited for me to walk home from school or even picked me up. He always cooked me Ramon Noddle Soup or Applesauce sandwiches...I doubt that I would eat the sandwiches today. I was the luckiest grandchild because I was able to spend so much time with him. We had a very special bond will always be dear in my heart. If you know my grandfather and I personally then you know the relationship we have. I felt like besides my grandmother, I was the apple of his eye. Though he was hard on us, he made us the people we are today.

Grandpa, I will never forget the stories you told us about your childhood or even the war. Even though I still don't like carrot cake I will always remember the day you made us sit at the table and eat carrot cake. I never forget baking with you or even the road trips up north. I miss watching wrestling with you. Every time I look at my tattoo, I will think about the lecture that you and grandma gave me. I will never forget the day you and grandma renewed your vows. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. You two were truly meant for each other. I truly cherish all the memories that we have made together.

Grandpa you are my hero. I hope you know how much I truly respect you. Thank you for fighting for the freedom that we have today. You truly showed us what strength was, you were in pain everyday and yet continued to have a smile on your face. Thank you for holding the family together when grandma had breast cancer. You are my superman. I could keep going on about all the great things you have done.

I told him everyday that I loved him and I hope he never forgets that. I promise to take care of grandma for you and to come visit you as much as I can. I will never forget what you taught me. You always stressed the importance of education, self discipline and that family comes before everything. I will go back to school because I know that is what you would want me to do.Thank you so much for creating a wonderful family. I can only hope that I can have a family that will be in the likeliness of ours. Please be our angel and watch over us. Help us make the right decision. Even though you are not here on earth you will forever be in our hearts. I love you grandpa and may you rest in peace. Your pollywog misses you more than ever. Hugs and kisses.

***I wanted to post a picture of my grandfather and I but was not able to at this point...it will be posted soon***

No comments: